Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Peek at my Pad" Thursday #5...

This is a pic of yet another wall in my bedroom (my room is HUGE - an aspect I thought I'd love when originally looking at the house, but now, I've come to realize that the bigger the room, the more furniture you have to fill it with as to diminish the "cavernous" feel, as well as more space to vacuum). The "glider" is one we bought at a discount shopping center right before Lillie was born, and we couldn't have paid for than 50 bucks for it brand new... which totally explains the fact that it no longer "glides" but more "lurches" and "juts" back and forth. The only reason I still keep it around is due to the aforementioned fact about "more furniture diminishes the cavernous feel of a large bedroom"...well, that and a place to pile all my clothes ;)

The writing desk is an antique that my uncle gave me years ago to use as a drawing table, which I did quite often, back when I had time to just sit and draw. Ah, memories. Atop the table are an assortment of bottles, pots, jars, and drawers that all house any loose change I get. I don't EVER spend change when I get it, rather, I stick it in those jars, and cash it in when they get reasonably full. My last "cash in" amount was a little over $155! I automatically convert that amount in my head to how much Starbucks I could buy with that...

The other thing I would like to mention in this picture is the curtain. It's not actually a "curtain" but a twin bed sheet I bought a while back at Goodwill. It's quite a rusty shade of orange, but it looks much lighter/brighter in the pic as the afternoon sun was shining through. I actually bought it for the original intent of wearing it as a wrap skirt (which I did...and YES, I washed it first...) but as I was thinking one day that it would be nice to have a curtain for that window, the sheet popped into my head. I think it looks pretty good - and I doubt I could have found myself a curtain anywhere for .50 :)

Happily,
Emily

2 comments:

carriex3 said...

So inviting............ makes you want get a ball of bright color yar and knit:)
Carrie

Becky said...

I LOVE the colours of your house! So bright and cheery :)