Monday, October 20, 2008

Painted nails and other pretties...

I don't paint my nails nearly as often as I used to, partly because I just don't have much time for it, but also partly due to this strange little formula I have, that I use to determine if painting my nails is actually worth it... it goes a little something like this... inside my head mind you...

"Ok, how long are your nails Em? As you remember that you have a MAJOR issue with uneven fingernails and if one of them even so much as CHIPS, you have to hack them all off to nothing and start all over again right???... so back to the original question, how long are they? Not very long, as you just accidentally ground a few of them down with your dremmel... oops.... and subsequently had to cut them all and they've only just now begun to grow out a bit. Certainly long enough to give them a solid coat of deep red, but you know red doesn't last long as it starts to chip after a dish-washing session or two... so a light color then? Perhaps they're just long enough to merit french tips? But that does take a bit of time... and is only justified when you know you've got at least a couple days before you'll be doing anything that would jeopardize those shiny white slivers... what day is it now, Saturday? Ok, so tomorrow is Sunday, church all day, then Monday, house-cleaning - but nothing too detrimental, then Tuesday, when you work in the shop all day and can kiss your manicure goodbye. Ok, it's what 9:30pm now? You should be thinking about going to bed but, I suppose, now is as good a time as any! Go ahead and paint them and hopefully you'll lay still enough tonight that your nails won't be covered with blanket marks and fuzz by the time you wake up tomorrow."

Now, just picture that taking place, inside my brain, within a matter of seconds really, and wa-la!... the french tip manicure that took longer than it should have to apply, I messed up 2 fingers by the time I actually went to bed, and not even 2 ful days later, it's starting to chip. Ah well, they looked pretty for one day. :) Oh, and please forgive the "make-up-less/unwashed hair" state of this picture - I hope the "tigress" pose makes up for it somehow. :)

I also wanted to post a pic of the pieces I was afraid to show off the other day for fear of ruining some lovely ladies' Christmas surprises. I have since been informed by their purchaser (I'll call her "Willimena" as to ensure that our bases remain covered) that it is safe to show them off, so here they are! 6 tiny pendants - working on a much smaller scale than I'm typically used to, and I made a point to thank "Willimena" for forcing me out of my "zone of large-scale-jewelry-comfortability". I am anxiously waiting to hear what she thinks once they arrive!!!

Happily,
Emily

1 comment:

Becky said...

Those pendants are darling!! And I have similar conversations in my head.....