Monday, October 27, 2008

Just another regular day...

The other day, Sophie discovered that the hole in her sippy cup was just the right size to fit cheerios (as well as lucky charms) through, so for the last several days, I haven't been able to give her cheerios and a drink at the same time, or else we end up with a half full cup of milk, with a bunch of cereal floaters inside. When we left to pick Isabel up from pre-school the other morning, I thought it would be safe to let her bring her cup as there were no cheerios to be found (well, at least none within reaching distance - as a mother of little kids, it is expected that there be at least a handful of cheerios on the floor of my car, as well as a baby doll or two and some random shoes). Needless to say, I was wrong, as apparently she had discovered that her hair clip fit nicely through the hole as well. Who knows how much milk was left when she shoved it in there but I didn't notice it till the milk was nearly gone. I'm only assuming that they don't use lead-based paint on those kiddie barrettes right??? Just another day in the life of a mother of small children. Happily,
Emily

3 comments:

The Noisy Plume: said...

I think it's going to be ok...just don't let her shove a crib from the 50's in that sippy cup...

Becky said...

LOL!! My sister has a pic on her blog of her blender (stored in a cupboard) with my wee nephew Jared's shoe nestled inside it. She said she'd searched 3 days for that shoe!

EmeliaRo said...

shoe in the blender eh? Perhaps these parallel experiences exemplify the differences between girls and boys??? :)