Wednesday, October 22, 2008

f-f-freeeezin...

This was me tonight. Sittin in front of my computer... with a blanket, scarf, new wrist-warmers/fingerless gloves, and some hot chocolate (I can't remember the last time I had hot chocolate!...soooo gooood). For some reason, I just can't bring myself to fire up the furnace yet... like doing so will be like admitting I'm ready for snow... which I am not.

Don't worry, it's actually much warmer downstairs where the girls are tucked snugly in their beds. Apparently our house has some sort of strange "opposite of the typical 'hot air rises' rule" vortex or something. Perhaps I should have that looked into...

Warm-ish-ly,
Emily

7 comments:

Becky said...

Ahhhh, time to put away the frapps and bring out the mocha cremes....

Meredith said...

I am cracking up at your post because I have been wearing a heavy sweater and scarf around my house for the past two days! My husband thinks I am crazy but it is freezing in here! I just can't bring myself to turn on the oil burner yet either!

Alicia said...

Your posts are making me miss the midwestern fall so much! It's still warm and steamy in Texas. Boo.

The Noisy Plume: said...

EM

You know I've been doing this VERY SAME THING for weeks now. I've even been working in a down parka and gloves until my space heater really warms the studio up.

Missed the telly time last night, sorry, RW invited a gaggle of guys over for poker night which meant a scramble to whip up venison stew and apple crisp here at Plume Gables.

Lovin you from Idaho,
J

Desiree Fawn said...

Oh I hear this. Yesterday we finally plugged in the tiny little space heater so we wouldn't freeze in our sleep (haha, and we took the AC out of the window!) But I'll be DAMNED if I turn on the baseboard heaters. Not a chance.

EmeliaRo said...

Becky - mocha creme...mmmm...

Meredith - I wear scarves at home ALL THE TIME! My hubby laughs at me, but who's the warm one?!!? :)

Alicia - I wouldn't want to live anywhere else :) except maybe Seattle - I ADORE rain.

J - I am picturing you in your parka and gloves, holding your torch as best you can... just be careful not to catch your coat on fire!!!

Desiree - I guess I idn't realize I was quit that stubborn till I was typing out that post. :) Why turn up the furnace when you can wear all your cozy winter-wear! I think we got well into December last year, relying only on our portable radiators, and It's TOTALLY worth it when the gas bill comes!

carriex3 said...

Em-
You are too cute....You have been tagged, refer to my blog www.creativeandblessed.com
tell at least 5 facts most people don't know about you:)
Carrie