Monday, September 8, 2008

What manner of deliciousness is this???...

After my coffee post the other day, I feel it only fair to even things out with a "food" post. Not sure how that's really "even" but somehow it makes sense in my brain. Here is a pic of my lunch today...
(yes, that is a picture of my brother Matt in the green frame in the background, and yes, he does have a cross of hair on his chest).

I was at the grocery store today and for some reason I had a sudden and very strong hankering for some sushi. (NO!!!, I am NOT pregnant, but thanks for asking). It was delicious, but before I dug in (ok, I did eat one first), I thought I should take a picture. For some reason I am absolutely fascinated with the interesting visual sushi provides. Such stunning color combos and interesting shapes, not often found in items of "edibility".
After taking these pics, I couldn't help but notice how well my lunch matched my kitchen's decor so I thought I'd snap a few more pics to give you an example of what are apparently my favorite few colors :) Please excuse the ugly tan-ish shade of my counters and tiled wall, and the rickety "came with the house" cupboards. A major remodel is in our (fingers crossed) near future and I'm THRILLED at the prospect of having a kitchen I actually enjoy spending time in.


Happily,
Emily

3 comments:

The Noisy Plume: said...

I think that you and I could probably happily share a kitchen together, based on your tasty tasty color palate.

EmeliaRo said...

I would LOVE to share a kitchen with you...especially after remembering the decadent image of your "Kaluah Koma" cake you posted a while back. :)

The Noisy Plume: said...

OH GOSH.
THAT WAS THE MOST GLORIOUS CAKE EVER.
I might have to whip up another...