Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to school...


Well, as promised, here are the obligatory "1st day of school pics"... Lillie wanted to take her picture outside the building as to greatly diminish the chance of anyone actually seeing her getting her picture taken (the same girl who, on school days during the FRIDIG Iowa winters, practically RIPS her hat off before we even get out of the car, and asks in quite a panic of her hair is "static-y"). Isabel isn't quite as concerned, but always seems to get the "aw man, I can't believe my mom's taking my picture AGAIN" face whenever others are around. Each of them had great first days and are quite anxious to go back for more!

Here's a little snapshot into what Sophie and I have been doing with our new-found free time...
... at our house, a "blanket" isn't a "blanket" - it's a "cozy" (that's what Lillie always called them when she was tiny and its just stuck), and apparently a "cozy" isn't a "cozy" unless it's worn on top of your head. I have no idea where she got this idea but all "cozies" - not just the hooded ones - end up just as you see here. I don't quite know what to make of it but it sure does make for some adorable picture-taking!

I hope all of your "back-to-school" adventures have gone off without a hitch! Pray for me - I start back tomorrow teaching art... more on this to come I'm SURE!...

Happily,
Emily

3 comments:

carriex3 said...

3 very cute little girls, all with such fun "personal" expressions:)
I trust your first day back as art teacher will go well.
blessings,
Carrie

The Noisy Plume: said...

Oh good grieFFFFFFFFF.
Those are the cutest bambinis I have EVER ever seen.
XO
J

Becky said...

CUTIES!! You should see my nephew's faces on their first day. the oldest 2 have total hang-dog expressions while the younger 2 smiled pleasantly. Lol!