Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tomorrow's the big day...

I'm sorry that I haven't posted in about a week now but things have been QUITE a flurry around here with "back-to-school" excitement and all that goes along with it. My 6 year old (Lillie) is in 1st grade this year and my 4 year old (Isabel) will start preschool a week from today. I remember when my 3 siblings and I were young, my mom would always get herself a brand new, fine-tipped sharpie along with all of our school supplies. After we got home, she'd lay everything out on the dining room table, sit down, and proceed to write our names (first AND last, since "you never know if there might be another Emily in your class this year") on EVERYTHING, down to every last crayon in each of the 4 boxes of 24-count crayons (now, I'm no math whiz, but that's, like, 96 crayons, not to mention all the #2 pencils, erasers, glue bottles, etc we all needed!). I remember thinking to myself that I would never go to all that trouble some day when I had kids of my own. Well, that being said, today I spent the afternoon sorting through all the school supplies, and adorning everything with the girls' names - even down to every last individual crayon.

Tomorrow I should have some "first day of school" pics to post for you!

Happily,
Emily

No comments: