Friday, August 29, 2008

Did you know...



Tigereye is a stone I've never cared much for. Something about the shimmery shades of brown and gold. I'm not necessarily a big fan of gold, and I'm CERTAINLY not shimmery. HOWEVER, recently my stone guy, AKA "Mr. Edweirdo" , sent me a gorgeous chunk of RED tigereye! I was in total amazement and fascination. When I told him I'd be needing more soon, he informed me that he'd check if he had any more, and if not, he'd just "cook some up" for me... literally. Red tiger eye is created by sticking a chunk of regular golden tigereye into the oven for several hours till the desired shade of red is achieved! For some reason this just baffles me. Just a little fact to impress the staff at Starbucks with next time you stop in for your tall skinny cinnamon dolce latte with the pumps of syrup split between the sugar free cinnamon dolce and sugar free vanilla...mmmmm...

Happily,
Emily

2 comments:

Becky said...

Ooooo, I love the red too! Lol, 'Edweirdo'....love it!

carriex3 said...

fun, love new little facts:)
carrie
www.creativeandblessed.com