Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A little thunder, a little lightnin'...

I hear thunder outside... again... my kids are freakin out but I must confess, I LOOOOVE storms. We had a WHOPPER of a weather pattern the other night - I could have sworn a tornado was right above our house but the weather guy said the next morning that it was actually hurricane-strength straight winds. Either way, it was a doozie! After waking up to what sounded like a freight train outside our bedroom window, my hubby and I said a quick prayer and fell back asleep. The next morning, I woke up to the sound of chainsaws and the realization that we were the only one of our immediate neighbors that didn't have any major tree damage! Streets, totally blocked with trees, houses and vehicles with LARGE trees toppled over onto them, HUGE trees (decades old) totally UPROOTED, and we ended up with 2 small branches that had blown into our yard from across the street. God is always faithful to protect us and that is only one of the MANY things I have been filled with thankfulness for lately.
Well, as the thunder booms outside, I think we'll spend the day in the basement. Luckily that's exactly where my "happy place" (aka "jewelry workshop") is located.

Happily,
Emily

No comments: